Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Table

I love eating meals during the summer on the porch....we are fortunate to have one screened-in off the side of our house. Thank goodness it has a ceiling fan to make the Carolina heat tolerable! I can't think of a better way to celebrate summer than to casually dine in vintage style!





My kind of summer table setting is a relaxed one: piles of plates, napkins, utensils, and food spread out in the potluck fashion. A wire basket holds beverages. I'd rather save the fancy place settings and elegant vignettes for more formal Holidays during the colder seasons and for hosting special occasions. During the summer I'd rather be eating meals surrounded by nature and with our chickens close by to keep an eye on (you gotta watch those little stinkers when they are out free-ranging by themselves!).



I like to pair my green vintage-inspired porch furniture with my great-grandmother's casual green and white table linens. The vintage scale was a gift from a friend of ours and is labeled,  "Old Kentucky Home," from a manufacturing company out of Louisville - how perfect! Of course, I had to throw the limes in there for aesthetics and to enhance the effect of the summery greens.  








I'm linking up with: