Sunday, June 19, 2011

Organized Linen Closet

Don't you love it when your linens and towels are freshly and beautifully folded right where you can see and easily access them? I used to drool over the Martha Stewart images of colored coordinated linens all nicely pressed, folded, and tied up in a bow.

Well, I'm definitely no Martha Stewart when it comes to domestic perfection, but I'll certainly make my best attempt at creating a beautiful and organized linen closet. I'm not sure about you, but I need my linen closet to store as much as possible because I always seems to be out of space to store things (I'm still working on that simplifying thing...).



I decided to keep sets of sheets and towels folded and exposed for easy access. Same for the toilet paper--I just simply stacked the rolls and keep them to one side of the shelf. I used my "Derby Foods" vintage box for storing soaps, green cleaning products, and other bathroom toiletries when not in use during Derby time. Lastly, I hung a home-made curtain with a tension rod to hide my husband's beer-brewing equipment in the open space underneath.



a home-made curtain hung by a simple tension rod
provides valuable hidden storage space

Ahhh, a fresh look for my linen closet!  If you don't have the luxury of a linen closet (we used to not have one when we lived in our apartment just a few years ago), you can create one either by using a free-standing book shelf or cabinet that will adequately hold your linens and bath necessities. Try adding baskets or decorative boxes for pretty storage for things that you don't want on display.




Linking to: