Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pitcher full o' weeds

My latest antique find was a weathered ironstone pitcher with an aged patina and crazing in the glaze. I've badly been wanting to dress this piece up with some pretty flowers, but, unfortunately, we don't grow many flowers! And there aren't many good places around us for pretty farm fresh flowers either....


So, I decided to be resourceful and go tromping through our woods to collect weeds and such to add to some lavender we have growing as part of our herb garden. Several tick scares later (you don't want to know how many ticks I've found on me just in the last few weeks), I found the variety of wild plants I was looking for to go with our lavender buds. Turns out we have lots of unique plant life growing right under our noses!  





I am a total amateur at designing floral arrangements, but I did my best at arranging them to create a simple and pleasing pitcher of greenery.  I know I don't have the proportions right....oh well, practice makes perfect, right? A special thank-you goes out to Camille of The Vintique Object for her floral arranging tips!  Now I have a no-cost herb and wild plant arrangement that is a nice change from the usual. 


Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! May we remember and honor all those in the military who have and currently are serving our country. 



Linking to: