Friday, May 6, 2011

Derby Party Sneak Peak

The 2011 Run for the Roses is almost here! Can you feel the excitement building? If you've never experienced a horse race before, there is nothing like the Kentucky Derby. The sights and smells of well-groomed thoroughbreds, vibrant jockey silks, fresh mint juleps and lovely ladies in exuberant hats are all part of the experience! And when the time comes to sing the 1853 Stephen Foster classic, "My Old Kentucky Home," there is scarcely a dry eye in the race track.

Since this blog has been a little quiet lately due to my efforts and energy going into the party preparations, I thought I'd leave you with a small taste of the festivities to come this Saturday...

A Derby display

I made "Louisville Shortbread" horseshoe cookie to give out as favors



freshly picked NC strawberries ready for tomorrow


And if you didn't get a chance to read the first two posts in this series, click here for Part I and click here for Part II.


I'm linking to: