Sunday, October 30, 2011

vintage industrial lighting

I have a new fetish. Though I've always loved vintage industrial light fixtures, now that I actually have one in my home my admiration has reached a whole new level.






We recently purchased a pendant from Junkyard Lighting made from a vintage collapsable wire egg basket with an Edison-inspired bulb. I am in love....and how appropriate for us that it was made from an old wire egg basket!



I've been browsing the web and found a few flush mount fixtures with wire cages and Edison light bulbs to replace our ceiling fans in the kitchens. Pinterest is another great site for inspiration.

Here are some images from Pinterest to wet your appetite:














If you didn't notice in the above photos, I painted the backs of the hutch a gray-blue. I think it makes the dishes in it really pop!





It am really liking the effect!  What do you think?  Anyone else adore vintage industrial lighting and do you think it works in interiors besides industrial lofts or contemporary homes?