Friday, July 13, 2012

Garlic Braiding

I have been wanting to grow, harvest, and hang a garlic braid in my kitchen ever since I read Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegatable, Miracle.  We finally grew and harvested a decent garlic crop (over-wintered) and now we have braided it too!



Garlic braiding is not hard, but does require some patience and basic instruction.


cleaning the garlic bulbs

For instructions on how to braid garlic, visit this link.











It looks so nice hanging up next to my kitchen window over the sink I hate to use it! Oh but don't worry, it WILL get plucked and used, head by head, as our family loves lots of garlic in our food. I love roasting garlic and combining it with salt, butter, and some herbs to make a wonderful spread for fresh bread. Yum!


Linking to: