Wednesday, April 11, 2012

framed botanical prints

A long while ago I had made up my mind to frame some antique botanical colored plates. I had seen these used as artwork in home decor and I love the look and earthy feeling it brings to a room.








I had the antique botanical plates professionally framed with a delicate black wooden frame and double-matted with a golden-beige matte and a dusty green matte underneath. I love the way they turned out and I'm sure they will be displayed in various spaces of my home for many years to come. Botanical prints are pretty timeless when it comes to decorating in my opinion. They can work in just about any room.




Someday I would love to dry my own botanicals and then frame them. I think they would add so much texture to a room and could really pop in all white frames and mattes. Have you ever decorated with botanicals? What is your favorite way to display them?






Linking to: