Saturday, March 24, 2012

Grapevine Wreaths

I love a classic grapevine wreath.


They are so simple and if you have an abundance of grapevines and can make your own for free! Grapevine wreaths can dress up almost any room to bring a little nature inside. They are also easy to adapt to the changing seasons.


I usually don't decorate much for spring, but I couldn't resist walking around the yard today and clipping little bits of this and that to add to my wreaths. I used a few bunches of fresh creeping thyme, a few clips of forsythia, and some tiny wildflowers growing in the grass.







Spring is truly here in the Piedmont of North Carolina--my tulips are blooming, my pink peach blossoms have popped, and the Redbuds are looking brilliant in their shades of lavender and fuchsia. I never knew how beautiful Redbud trees could be in the Spring until I moved down North Carolina.







I used to hate Spring because it was often so cold and rainy, not truly warming up until May. But down here in the Old North State, Spring is one of the most beautiful and savored times of the year.


The chickens really enjoy Spring too....sometimes a little too much (like when I have to scold them for eating the buds off the azalea bushes or taking bites out of the pansy petals). 




Happy Spring,