Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's Dinner



We hosted a Valentine's dinner for some of the couples from our small group at church today. I love hosting get-togethers and I actually really enjoy putting together the details of a nice meal. We had so much fun that I'm not sure I will ever want to go out for Valentine's Day again--this might have to be an annual tradition :)



On the menu included:

-Cheese fondue with bread, vegetables, and fruit for dipping
-Stuffed chicken breasts
-Roasted asparagus
-cheesy scalloped potatoes
-Chocolate souffle with caramel sauce
-Chocolate covered strawberries




I tried something a little unusual and used a vintage pink chenille bedspread for a tablecloth.






Wanting to keep things simple, I limited the decorations to candles in pewter candlesticks and baby's breath in small glass bottles. To dress things up, I used my good white china and crystal glasses.



For a simple favor I decided to place a handwritten love quote at each seat. All the quotes are verses from the Bible referencing love, and I made everyone read theirs aloud before we began our meal. I know, I'm sentimental.


I meant to get photos of the food and friends enjoying our dinner, and I completely forgot! I guess we were having to much fun :)


Wising you a very Happy Valentine's Day from my roost to yours!

XOXO,




Linking to:

BNOTP Tablescape Thursday

Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesdays