Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Today is a day to honor all of our mothers......

Let's remember those that have gone before us and make those that are still with us feel special. Let's also remember to honor the women who are like mothers to us regardless of any biological connection.

Jean and Janet Tieman, 1942


This is my Grandma, Janet, and her twin sister, Jean. Grandma Janet and Aunt Jean did everything together and were extremely close their entire lives. They wore the same clothes every day up until they were having their first children, and they even traded places on double dates with boyfriends! I was fortunate because having both Grandma Janet and Aunt Jean was sort of like having two Grandmothers! I miss them both very much but I know they are happy to once again be together in heaven.


And this is my mom and me......the next two generations after my Grandma Janet.  I don't know what I'd do without my mom. I may not have thought this as a teenager, but now that I'm a "grown woman" I am inspired by her wisdom and strength and feel so grateful that God chose her to be my mom.


And I hope one day to be a mother too....and to put into practice all that I have learned from those who have been a mother to me. 

Happy Mother's Day!