Friday, September 30, 2011

Let's Go Antiquing!

Last weekend I enjoyed spending the day at the Liberty Antiques festival, and although it was rainy and very muddy, I came home with some awesome antique and vintage pieces at incredible deals.

An Empire Style mahogany and walnut plant stand/side table:





A 19th century signed and framed oil painting of a young girl feeding the chickens:



I found more chicken-related art for $5 a piece: a pair of two super cute framed Colonial scenes with chickens, painted on velvet. I don't know why but sometimes I'm a sucker for 1960s Americana.

In addition to the treasures above, my husband BJ received some very cool graduation gifts for finishing his Ph.d., a few of which I couldn't resist featuring them here on my blog:

Antique inkwell desk set:




WWII-era wooden ammunition storage box:




1960s vintage brief case/leather satchel:




I have to admit I'm a little jealous of his loot!





Linking to: