Sunday, January 30, 2011

Master Bedroom Redo


It was time to give our master bedroom a makeover. The room had the basics in place, but needed painting and a few extra elements for a more grown-up, sophisticated feel.


Here is what our bedroom looked like before:


Here is our bedroom now:



We chose a warm, grey-brown color for the paint in order to make the white woodwork pop.  Since I already had a nice set of Ralph Lauren bedding (wedding gifts from five years ago), I decided not to change the linens too much. We were extremely limited in the wall to which the bed could be moved due to the three doors, windows, and projecting portion that once housed a fireplace. We finally settled on moving the bed to the opposite wall of the windows, an almost perfect fit for the headboard. Not too much room for the night stands unfortunately....


The pink paint finish on this antique dresser makes it one of my favorite pieces.

As you can see, I am in love with cameos and silhouettes. Although the two over the bed are 1960s kitsch versions, I still adore them and paid only $0.50 a piece for them at a yard sale! Seriously.

This chair was moved from my living room- I think the bedroom suits it better :)

The missing piece that I have yet to find for this room would be an antique mahogany chest of drawers to match the wood of the antique pineapple bed (my husband's great-grandmother's bed). We could really use the storage considering that we share the pink dresser and the closet. I'd also like to incorporate the pale pink color of the dresser into the room in various ways. Until then I'll be perusing antique stores....



I've chosen this project for Kelli's Restored it Wednesday at Restore Interiors and Miss Mustard Seed's Copy Me Challenge!

Check out her site and let me know how I did!