Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Decor 2010: Using Natural Materials

This Christmas I am all about simplifying, and I thought one way I could work toward this goal was to limit my Holiday decor to natural materials, everyday items I already had around the house, and a few items recycled from past Christmases (a great way to stay within a budget!).  Decorating with materials from or inspired by nature is VERY easy and affordable, and I encourage you to try it in your own home.



In the previous post I featured my dining room mantel and I promised this week I would showcase my living room fireplace mantel. Here are the results:



I used clippings of leftover evergreen from our fresh Christmas tree, vases filled with limes
and some cuttings from outside, a couple of candles and the living room mantel was DONE! 



I found these adorable burlap stockings on Etsy (my favorite place for unique handmade goods)
from "The Pinecone Teacup"


In addition to the mantels, here are some other pics of festive yet simple decorations elsewhere around the house:

I filled a cakestand with pine cones gathered from my yard for a simple dining table topper





A couple of vintage Holiday prints with a vintage pitcher and Holiday mugs
add some Christmas cheer to my kitchen


I'd love to know how you decorated your "roost" for Christmas this year!  If you have suggestions for incorporating nature into Holiday decor or keeping things simple, please leave a comment and share with us your wisdom!