Wednesday, March 23, 2011

farmhouse love

Do you dream of an old country farmhouse? The kind with a deep porch, a tin roof, hand-blown glass windows, and surrouned by picturesque rolling hills, gardens, and fruit trees?  Well, though it may be far from perfect, I found a gem of a farmhouse just down the road from my house that I've been admiring from afar....

Isn't it sweet? Yes, it is quite dilapidated and would require a complete restoration. But I think it would be totally worth it. It looks to be a cross-gabled plan with a rear ell addition (not seen from the road). The primary wing of the house containing the small shed porch is a Triple-A I-house, very common to this region, and of which I am particularly fond. The generous window bays are original two-over-two wood sash (at least what's left of them). 


I would have loved to have peeked inside, but we stayed on the right-of-way to snap some photos.


For now, I'll just have to imagine the potential and keep on dreaming...

You probably think I'm crazy. But someday I would love to take on the challenge 
of restoring a sweet little farmhouse like this.